From the McDonough County Health Department
Received October 28, 2009
The McDonough County Health Department has begun receiving shipments of the H1N1 vaccine.
When can I get the vaccine for my family?
We have scheduled tentative walk-in clinic dates that include*:
· October 31, 2009 9:00 am -3:00 pm at Macomb High School
· November 2, 2009 5:00 - 8:00 pm at Bushnell High School
· November 4, 2009 5:00 – 8:00 pm at West Prairie Middle School
*Please check our website for cancellations or updates www.mchdept.com
In order for a child (17 years and younger) to receive the H1N1 vaccine a parent or guardian must be present to authorize vaccination for the child. If someone other than a parent or guardian is bringing the child written consent from the parent or guardian is required.
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
H1N1 nasal spray criteria:
· Individuals that can receive the H1N1 nasal spray vaccine include individuals ages 2 through 49 without chronic health conditions (some examples include asthma, blood disorders, heart disease, and diabetes.)
· If you have received the seasonal flu nasal spray vaccine within the last 28 days you must receive the injectable form.
· You may not receive the nasal spray if you are pregnant or think you may possibly be pregnant.
H1N1 injectable form criteria:
· Pregnant women
· People who live with or care for infants younger than 6 months of age
· Health care and emergency medical personnel
· Anyone from 6 months through 24 years of age
· Anyone from 25 through 64 years of age with certain chronic medical conditions or a weakened immune system
If you do not fall into the above groups please wait until notification about when to get vaccinated. We will continue to receive shipments of vaccine and do not expect a shortage. Everyone will eventually have an opportunity to receive the vaccine.
How much is the vaccine?
The McDonough County Health Department is offering the vaccine to the community at NO COST.
How can I find out more information and stay up to date about H1N1 in McDonough County? For the most up to date information on clinic dates and H1N1 information please check our website at www.mchdept.com or call (309) 837-9951 ext 220 (Linda) or ext 211 (Amy) Monday - Thursday 7 am- 12 pm and 1pm -6 pm.